Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Hebrews 11:1

Feb 14, 2011

Good Friends Salman Rushdie and Harry Potter


I noticed this shelf on one of our bookcases today...  I thought it was a good example of what my marriage looks like.   The books on our shelves move around quite often, because we read them so much, but this one in particular struck me.  

Some of the books are mine, some are Marty's.  I've read some of his, he's read some of mine.  We just like to read.  I've gone through ups and downs of reading in the past.  Then I got on a genre kick and read alot of the same types of books for many years.

Enter Marty.  Since we're not a gift-on-Valentines Day kind of family, I thought this picture was gift enough.  The growth, openness, truth and fiction that this picture portrays to me is a gift.  The little bit of this and little bit of that that my life became almost 5 years ago when Marty and I started dated.  The fun, the serious, and the not so great.  I just love what this little bookshelf says to me.

Now off to take all the doors off the kitchen cabinets..  Hopefully I'll get it done before hubby reads this, lol :)

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY SWEET PEA!  love you!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your comment on my blog! You lifted up my spirits and encouraged me in a time of feeling defeated, thank you! I often feel like I should delete that post, but the minute I doubt myself, God provides someone to encourage me and say how blessed they were through my honesty. So neat to see God use my brokenness of his glory. Cute blog title and precious children!!

    ReplyDelete