Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Hebrews 11:1

Dec 21, 2010

(UN)Requested Prayer

When I lay fast asleep in my bed each night, a young man in Uganda is awake. Working.Laboring.Preaching.  A priest with a soft voice but a strong message.

A man, that without me knowing it, prays for me and my family, when he doesn't even know we need it.  His words are powerful.  And they are FOR me...  His words are eloquent, encouraging, and full of praise to our King.  And they are FOR me...

This morning Marty and I needed something really big to happen.  It was super important.  We prayed hard that it would work out, and chose to rely on God's grace for it to be so.  We were incredibly blessed by a small miracle this morning, and can now take the next step to bringing our sweet baby girl home!

This afternoon, while checking through all my emails I found an email from my saving grace.  15 hours before our 'big thing' this morning.  He wished us a Merry Christmas, and told us that he was praying for us today.

He prays for me, when I need it most, and he doesn't even know it..  What an incredible friendship Marty and I have been blessed with, in this wonderful man that thinks of us and prays for us.  Just.Because.

Did I mention, it's because of this great man, that Marty and I went to Uganda last year in the first place?  A trip where we met our son?  Setting a path that, a year later, brought us a wonderful daughter?

Today I'm so thankful for the little miracles that God brings us.  After our big accomplishment this morning, I told a sweet friend how thankful I was, that God not only provides for our needs, but surpasses our needs, with everything He's got... Just.Because.

I'm so behind on my surpassing...  He shows me how each and every day.  He shows a sweet priest, 8,000 miles away the same.  I.Am.So.Blessed.  I don't deserve it.

In 8 wonderful days, my family of 3 will be getting on a plane finally.  And in a few short weeks will be coming home a family of 4.

So.Very.Blessed.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you... I pray for you guys all the time. You really inspire me. I can't wait to see you all this summer. Somehow you can always bring me to tears... good ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my! What a blessing. Rejoicing with you...in tears just thinking of your excitement!!

    ReplyDelete