Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Hebrews 11:1

Dec 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Deken!

I tried for 20 grueling minutes yesterday to get Deken to tell me what he wanted for Breakfast on his birthday.....  At first I don't think he was understanding that I was asking for TOMORROW's breakfast, because when I first asked he went and sat at the table like he was waiting to eat, even though he had just had lunch 20 minutes before...

Then, after going through the whole "what's tomorrow mean" thing, he finally said "I want Sausage and Noodles please"   hrumph....  Well, sausage and noodles is a dinner thing, and none of which I had on hand, which is odd, because that's what Deken asks for everyday for each meal.. You'd think I'd have the supplies on hand at all times....

Then I tried to hoax him with a " But it's your birthday, and you get to have something special for breakfast"  After that, all I got out of him was "Um, I'd like some candles mom"   Ugh...

At this point I realized that I probably had to list some things for him.  "Deken, you can have pancakes with chocolate chips, or mommy can make you eggies, or we can go to a restaurant and have breakfast? Any of those?"  (Slow shaking head)... Really? Not even Chocolate Chip Pancakes! Dad's not even home!!!

At this point Deken got up and slowly walked through the kitchen looking around.  Until he found it.  He looked at me, and looked at the box, and then looked at me again and pointed.  Really?  That's what you want for your special birthday breakfast?  A poptart?

Mind you he has a poptart basically everyday for breakfast.... (and by poptart I mean the whole grain organic with the slightest bit of sugar kind from Costco)..  I said "A poptart?"  And I got something along the lines of:

"WOOWHOO (Rocky arms in the air)  Yeah Poptart and Yogurt! (I always give him a probiotic yogurt in the morning too) Woo Deken's Birthday!"

Followed by Deken so desperately trying to get three fingers in the air... He's got two, and he can do 5 and 1, but 3 looks pretty arthritic... So he gave up, winked and eye, shot a thumbs up and said "Oh yah poptart"  But nice try big boy.  We're getting there goofball..

So, against my will, this morning I woke Deken up singing Happy Birthday, holding a cherry pomegranate poptart with a candle on top.  As I was singing he even had the nerve to say "Mom hurry, I want to blow the candle out!"  Really kid?

I can't believe that 18 months ago Daddy and I had no children, and now we have a big 3 yr old and a sweet 2 yr old.  Unbelievable to me...  And the sweetest present of all today was that the US G*v told us that we can bring your sister home.  :) 


What's that?  Popcorn for lunch?  Ok... I guess I can manage that... 






Happy Birthday Sweet Boy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment