Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Hebrews 11:1

Oct 23, 2010

Bittersweet

There were a few 'bittersweets' this week...

First, of course, leaving home, my husband and my son, yet coming here to UG to be with my daughter..

Then there was, finally being with my daughter, yet convincing her that I'm not a stranger.. hmm. that was a toughy.  Thankfully it only lasted a few hours.

This week was also the one year anniversary of Deken's homecoming to America.  Yet... I was here in UG, and not with him.

Now I have been here a whole week, and have had an amazing week getting to know this little bundle of joy of mine.  Yet, I think I officially miss my other bundle at home.  I missed him all along, but I don't think it was until I truly started to have fun and laugh and giggle with my little girl, on a regular basis, that I now realize how much I miss it at home too.

My little girl started calling me Mommy yesterday.  Before she used to swat at me and pat my leg to get my attention.  Now she sticks her face in mine and says "Mommy?"  Yet, it sounds different.  Their voices are different.  Their reflection is different.  If I was standing in a large crowd with Deken, I would recognize if he was calling me, over the rest in the room.  Now I have to listen for two sounds...  I love it, but hope I pay attention!

This week I had to do everything and anything to help my daughter settle with me...  Now we are starting to transition a bit.  It's for the best, but I kind of miss some of it...  She now will sit in her own chair to eat, yet it was kind of fun having her in my lap.  And a two days ago I got her to sleep in her own bed.  Tonight I got her to fall asleep on her own, instead of rocking her to sleep for 30 min.  It was a sweet time this past week rocking her to sleep...  But I'm glad we're past the screaming when I try to lay her down!  Tonight I laid her down first, and she stroked my face a bit, and then drifted off to sleep.  Progress!  I've been one tired momma this week.

Our moments have been sweet.   Some of them a bit bitter...  I'm so proud of her progress... yet sad that in just one week, I'm already watching her grow up and change so fast!  

Out to the village tomorrow!

~K

5 comments:

  1. so glad to know it is going well! Sounds like you have had some ups and downs but you are making the most of all of it!! bittersweet indeed:) Praying for your heart! That you would be comforted while missing your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You words are precious and from the heart. Thanks for letting us share in your journey. I'm so happy for you and for both of your little bundles! You will be home and all together soon, just as it should be.
    Blessings,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all miss you too hun! Doggies included :) So glad you are getting to introduce Faith to the family out there so she feels at home when she comes back to her forever home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been a while since I checked your blog. I'm so happy to see you are bringing a precious daughter home. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok i'm caught up on your blog now and wow her eyes are gorgeous and she is precious and i love to read all the things she is doing and how she is interacting with you! We hope to bring home our second child, a daughter next year!

    ReplyDelete